Our delicious Carrot Cake Bliss Balls are the perfect afternoon snack. Carefully crafted to tackle that mid-afternoon hump, these balls satisfy any craving for sweetness while keeping blood sugar levels steady and curbing your hunger. A firm favourite among our guests!
1 cup of grated carrots
1 cup of pitted dates
1 ¾ cups of activated walnuts (walnuts soaked overnight in water)
2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
¾ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
Pinch of nutmeg
6 tbsp coconut or almond flour
¼ cup raisins (optional)
For the topping:
½ cup toasted desiccated coconut
2 tbsp almond butter
- Blend the dates until a ball forms, then set aside.
2. Blend the rest of the ingredients apart from the carrots, coconut flour and raisins, until the mixture is a fine meal.
3. Add dates and carrots then pulse until combined, do not over blend.
4. Add the coconut flour until incorporated. When the mixture looks like a crumbly dough add the raisins.
5. Roll into balls and put in the fridge for 10 mins.
6. If you would like a crunchy topping roll in almond butter then the desiccated coconut and refrigerate again.
Like our Carrot Cake Bliss Balls? Why not check out our Life-Changing Loaf recipe – The perfect addition to soup, or toasted with an egg or avocado for breakfast, this loaf is versatile and scrumptious!